Frequently asked questions
Here you will find our most frequently asked questions about our stone products and services. The
following questions are compiled of questions we receive most from our customers and if your
question is not answered here, please feel free to contact us and we'd be happy to help you.
- How long does it take from the time of purchase to installation?
The normal time for installation from time of purchase is 30-45 days. We process each order as quickly as possible and install once customization has been completed.
- What are your hours?
Our normal business hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00AM-5:00PM. We can meet you after hours by appointment only. If required, please give us a call at: 434-736-9489
- What if I see a monument that I like at another cemetery several hours or states away?
Simply take a photo of the stone and any important details or design aspects that you like. For us to match the monument exactly please be sure to measure the width (left to right), thickness (front to back) and height (top of base to top of the stone).
- Will I get to preview the design before my decision is final?
Absolutely! We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. During the design process we will provide you with a proof, showing exactly how your stone will look including, font, lettering, logos, emblems and special features. We're also able to email, fax and/or mail a copy of the proof to other family members or yourself should you live out of the area.
- I've seen stones in the cemetery that have the person's name and date of birth and no date of death. Is the stone removed to add that information once death occurs?
We can add the date of death to a stone or marker right in the cemetery without removing the stone. Other instances do require us to transport the stone back to our office to customize such as addition of several graphics or extensive customization but in most cases we take care of the work in the cemetery.
- What if I purchased the stone originally from another monument company and I want you to add information?
This is a simple process and we can easily match the font to your original design no matter where you purchased it originally.
- I see some stones that have a black look to the letters while others are the same as the stone color. Why is that?
Each customer is different in what they envision their stone product to look like in the end. The blackening that you see is done with a special product which enhances all types of stones by providing contrast to the lettering and/or carving background. This is not a paint that will simply fade or peel but it actually bonds to the surface for the life of the stone.